Table of Contents
Have you ever been in a car accident and are experiencing pain? Did you know that there are many benefits to seeing a chiropractor after an accident?
Dr. Arthur Hoffman is the best car accident chiropractor and he can help relieve your pain and address any injuries that may have happened during the accident. In this blog, we will share with you why it's important to see a chiropractor after an injury, what they do for you, when should you go, and how Dr. Arthur Hoffman can help!
Car Accident Injury-What Harm Can It Cause To The Body?
The answer is simple - a lot.
- Whiplash - It is the trauma to your neck and spine when you're either in an impact or moving at high speeds. Whiplash is a condition where the ligaments in your spine are stretched and torn.
- Bone Injury - Additionally, car accidents can cause injuries to the bones and joints of your body; this is especially true if you're not wearing a seatbelt at the time of impact. As well as causing damage to these different parts of your body, accidental injuries may also create bruises on the top foot or arm due to pressure from contact.
- Concussion - Another injury you might experience is a concussion-which occurs when the head hits something or moves too quickly, causing damage to brain tissue.
- Herniated disc- Another injury is a herniated disc. This simply means that your spinal discs have been ruptured or bulged out of place, and this can lead to some serious problems like numbness in the extremities, tingling sensations, loss of reflexes and even paralysis if you don't see a chiropractor after a car accident.
- Chronic pain- which refers to long-term and ongoing discomfort or agony. This often leads people to have difficulty in performing their day-to-day activities without any interruption due to the injury they've suffered from an accident.
Car accident is also the cause of other injuries, such as:
- Head trauma
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck and back ache
- Shoulder dislocation or impingement
- hip discomfort
- chronic headaches
- hearing loss
- tinnitus (ringing in ears)
The effect of a car accident is not always physical. Emotionally, the weight of dealing with a serious injury can be exhausting and often leads to depression or anxiety disorders. Dr. Arthur Hoffman has helped many people recover from their injuries after an accident by relieving pain, restoring mobility in joints or muscles, eliminating headaches and improving sleep as well.
Don't let your injuries keep you down! Chiropractors treat you soon as possible!
Why Should You See a Chiropractor after an Accident?
If you recently had an accident, you may be wondering if you should see a chiropractor after an accident! The answer is yes!
It's the best course of action to see a chiropractor within 24 to 48 hours after the accident. Here are the reasons why:
- Check for Hidden Injuries - Your body may have sustained injuries you're unaware of. A car accident, for instance, can cause head injuries that may not be immediately apparent to the injured person - they'll often suffer from extreme pain and discomfort in their neck and spine without realizing it's due to a recent injury. Accident victims can also get chronic conditions like anxiety or depression . A chiropractor will perform a full examination to find any hidden injuries
- Regain Mobility - If you're experiencing severe pain, it may be difficult for you to move around properly or complete the tasks of everyday life. Seeing a chiropractor after a car accident can help get your spine back into proper alignment.
- Relieve Pain - After an accident, it's not uncommon to experience neck or back pain. Your chiropractor will be able to pinpoint any muscles and soft tissue injuries that could cause you discomfort as well as offer treatment methods for relief.
- The sooner you get your spine realigned, the better off you'll be.
- It will help with pain relief for those suffering from head injury symptoms that may have been caused by an accident.
- Chiropractic services can help to reduce anxiety and depression if they are chronic conditions due to the accident.
If you have had a car accident, fallen down the stairs or anything that may have injured your back, neck, head and/or ears, you should see a chiropractic doctor to prevent any long-term discomfort.
Visit a chiropractor if you are experiencing back pain ,neck ache, headache, earache, hearing loss or tinnitus (ringing in ears). A visit to Dr. Arthur Hoffman can help relieve some of the pain and discomfort as well as restore mobility to your muscles and joints!
What are the Treatment Options for Accident Related Injury?
The treatment options for accident related injuries can vary depending on the injury. Dr. Arthur Hoffman will perform a thorough assessment of your individual case to determine what type of treatments may be most effective for you.
The treatments for most accident related injuries can include:
- Therapeutic exercises - it involves stretching and strengthening the muscles in your neck, back, head and shoulders. These exercises will help to increase blood flow and reduce muscle spasms which may be causing discomfort or pain.
- Trigger point therapy - these are a series of carefully applied pressure to the trigger point or muscle knot causing pain. This treatment will help relieve your muscles and joints of restrictions so that they can be more mobile;
- Traction - this is a chiropractic adjustment which helps correct alignment in misaligned vertebrae by applying manual force, often with an instrument like a spinal board under the neck area or an inflatable air mattress under your back.
- Massage therapy - massage therapy can help to loosen tight or restricted muscles which may be causing pain. The pressure applied in massage therapy can also help to increase blood flow, reduce inflammation and decrease muscle spasms.
- Physical therapy - physical therapy can help to restore the range of motion and strength in an injured area. Physical therapy is done evaluating first your injury, developing a plan and teaching you exercises to perform at home. They may use ice, or heat to help reduce pain. Physical therapy is often used along with other treatments such as massage or chiropractic care.
- Osteopathic manipulation - This is done by doing a light application of pressure to the joints. This will help to relieve pain and inflammation in that area.
- Acupuncture and Acupressure - this is an alternative treatment which can help to relieve chronic pain. Acupuncture involves the insertion of needles into certain points on your body, while acupressure doesn’t require any needles but instead applies pressure on these same points.
- Medication - medication can help relieve pain and inflammation
- Surgery - if injuries are serious enough, surgery may be needed to repair bones or other organs.
How Chiropractor Dr. Arthur Can Help You Get Rid of Your Pain Due To Accidents?
I'm sure that everyone has heard of the benefits associated with seeing a chiropractor after a car accident but most people are not aware of what type of help they can actually receive from going through this process. In order to really understand why it might be beneficial to see a chiropractor, you must first understand what type of help they can offer.
Dr. Arthur Hoffman can provide treatments such as acupuncture and acupressure which will relax the muscles in your back while alleviating any pain that is being experienced. There's also medication that may be prescribed if it’s necessary for inflammation or pain. And of course Dr. Arthur can also provide some chiropractic adjustments to help with the pain and in turn will alleviate any symptoms that you're experiencing due to an accident.
There are numerous benefits of seeing a professional chiropractor after an accident!
- If you have chronic pain that may be due to the accident, Dr. Hoffman can help relieve your discomfort and stop any further damage from occurring!
- Dr. Arthur Hoffman's treatments are non-invasive, easy to perform with minimal downtime for recovery; he has a gentle approach so his patients feel relaxed while receiving treatment.
- The treatments are designed to help restore the range of motion in your joints and muscles, so you can move around without pain!
- Seeing a chiropractor will relieve the stress on your back as well. The Chiropractic adjustment will take pressure off of any compressed nerves or soften scar tissue that could have resulted from the accident.
- A chiropractic treatment will also help to correct any misalignments in your spine, which can contribute to pain and discomfort.
Dr. Arthur Hoffman's goal is for you to experience relief from the discomfort that has been on-going since your accident! He understands how debilitating it can be when you are experiencing chronic back and neck pain that isn't going away. If you want to get back the mobility, freedom and quality of life that you once had before your injury from a car accident, schedule with Dr. Hoffman today!
In fact, many people who have undergone an accident find that they feel much better when they visit their local chiropractor for treatment.
Why Choose Dr. Arthur Hoffman of The Glen Chiro To Give You The Most Effective Chiropractic Care After an Accident?
Dr. Arthur Hoffman is one of the best chiropractors in Minnetonka. He has helped many people get back on their feet after treating them for all sorts of injuries from whiplash to spinal cord damage. He is a doctor of chiropractic care who specializes in treating whiplash injuries. So if you are looking for someone who can help you get your life back after an accident, then look no further!
Dr. Hoffman has been in the chiropractic profession for several years and he is regarded as one of the most skilled and experienced chiropractor's around. He will also work closely with a treatment plan that works best for you so that you can resume your normal everyday activities as quickly and painlessly as possible.
He can help relieve your pain after an accident by reducing inflammation and muscle spasm with adjustments to the spine that are gentle enough for all types of patients. Dr. Hoffman has seen many different people come into his office with whiplash injuries.
If you’ve just been in a car accident, seeing your chiropractor is one of the best things that you can do for yourself. The benefits of receiving chiropractic care after an injury are numerous and it doesn’t take long to see significant improvement. Dr. Arthur Hoffman has helped many patients who have suffered from pain due to accidents get relief.
Should you see a chiropractor after a car accident? Yes! Call Dr. Hoffman today at 763-670-1175 to schedule an appointment so he can help relieve your pain as soon as possible!