Minnetonka, a city of 61,000 residents in the western suburbs of Minneapolis, is home to some unique attractions that provide fun and entertainment for those visiting from near or far. Here are just a few suggestions on how to spend 24 hours in Minnetonka.
1. Start your day with a hearty breakfast at The Original Pancake House. This restaurant offers a wide variety of breakfast foods, including omelets, crepes, waffles, French toast, and their world-famous apple pancakes.
2. With a belly full of breakfast, take a stroll around Minnetonka Mills Mall to get some shopping in. Have fun browsing through over 200 specialty stores, including Macy's and Victoria's Secret.
3. After you have finished your morning at the mall, head over to the Minnetonka Mills Aquatic Center for a fun day of swimming, with a wave pool, water slides, and other activities to entertain the entire family.
4. Work up an appetite with a workout and get ready to refuel at the Benihana Japanese Steakhouse. With over-the-top shows, delicious steak, and seafood, this is one of the most popular restaurants in Minnetonka.
5. Get even more shopping in at the nearby Ridgedale Center Mall. This mall has everything you could imagine all in one place, including Macy's, Nordstrom, Sears, Barnes & Noble, and H&M.
6. Head over to North Star Sports for an incredible selection of hockey equipment and apparel. North Star Sports is a great place to stop by before a hockey game or practice.
7. After a long day of shopping and swimming, the family might be getting hungry again, so head on over to Mancino's Pizza & Grinders for a delicious Italian dinner. With options such as their famous meatball grinder and pasta, it's the perfect way to end your day.
8. If you are looking for some entertainment after dinner, then stop by Sky High Sports for trampoline dodge ball, rock climbing, and so much more; this is a great place to come and burn off some calories after a long day of walking around the mall.
The Minnetonka area offers a lot to do in just one day, but it’s always nice when you can plan and leave some time for spontaneity. That way, if you missed or didn't know about the first time around or want to revisit with friends and family--you'll have that opportunity.