Table of Contents
In general, auto accidents are quite traumatic on your body. Your spine and joints may be misaligned due to the whiplash effect, they can become inflamed from pressure caused by impact and bruises that occur when you are thrown around inside of the car.
There are many different types of pain that can result from an auto injury including:
- Numbness/tingling sensation: This is often a sign of nerve damage and could be an indication you have some sort of trauma such as spinal cord issues which may require surgery if left untreated so it's important we evaluate this promptly.
- Swelling of the extremities: This is often a symptom and should be evaluated for any fractures. Swelling that worsens over time could mean you have blood clot issues which may lead to brain damage if not treated promptly so it's important we evaluate this today.
- Aches in joints: This could be indicative of a fracture or scapulothoracic joint pain which often requires treatment to help resolve.
- Blurred vision: If this symptom is accompanied by nausea, vomiting and any signs of sustained head trauma, you may want to go to the emergency room for evaluation as it can indicate more serious injuries like bleeding in the brain that will need immediate medical attention.
- Neck, Shoulder, Back Pain: This could be indicative of a ruptured disc in the spine and will require chiropractic care to help with your healing process.
- Changes in bowel function: Changes in regularity or frequency could indicate internal bleeding which may need medical attention depending on the severity.
- Dizziness/Nausea: Dizziness is often accompanied by nausea which can be due to a minor head injury which doesn't require medical attention. However, if the dizziness begins after a car accident and is accompanied by other symptoms it may need more than chiropractic care as it could indicate bleeding in the brain or another serious injury that will require emergency room treatment.
- Loss of Consciousness: Loss of consciousness is an emergency situation. If you lose consciousness, or if someone else loses consciousness, they may have suffered a head injury that needs immediate medical attention to prevent brain damage or worse.
- Paralysis: Paralysis can be caused by nerve damage which is often related to the severity of the impact and will need chiropractic care and physical therapy to reduce the risk of permanent injury.
How A Chiropractor Can Help Relieve The Pain
There's a lot of misconception that chiropractic is just for back pain. It can be used after car accidents to help with other difficulties associated with it. One big reason is that many times people don't realize their injury until days, weeks, or even months later when they start experiencing chronic discomfort in ways they never did before.
A chiropractor is an expert in realigning the spine with gentle manipulations and adjustments using their hands or small instruments such as an activator tool or orthopedic adjusting table. The goal when working with someone who has had whiplash from being involved in a severe car accident is to get the joints as close to normal alignment with each other by gently adjusting and manipulating them.
In a chiropractic adjustment, the spinal bones are aligned so that they function properly without any interference from neighboring vertebrae or muscles. In many cases of car accidents, inflammation is also an issue that can be relieved through chiropractic adjustments.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care After an auto Accident Compared to Physicians:
- Chiropractors are experts in spine and adjusting the joints. They know how to reduce inflammation, and stiffness caused by spinal injury as well as related injuries that have occurred because of a car accident
- Physicians focus on diagnosis and treatment for a variety of conditions which may not be specific to your chiropractic practice. This can lead them to misdiagnose you or provide unnecessary treatments that do not address the root problem.
- A chiropractor will always take time before any adjustments to assess your condition so they can use the right techniques or tools with each patient according to their needs. With physicians there is no such thing as individualized care while doing anything from simple checkups, diagnosing symptoms like allergies or prescribing medication.
- A chiropractor will take the time to listen and make sure you are comfortable before they start any treatment. They want to know about your day, how much pain you have been in, what symptoms may be bothering you the most and more so that they can diagnose exactly what is going on with your body.
- Chiropractors use spinal adjustments called manipulations or manual therapy techniques like massage or stretching which help restore proper nerve function as well as range of motion by applying a controlled force through slight movement at the spine. Physicians only offer things like muscle relaxants, medication for sleep disorders or anti-anxiety medications where appropriate after being evaluated by a chiropractor
After an auto accident, the most important thing to do is take some time off and get checked out by your doctor or chiropractors. They will be able to give you advice on what steps to take next as well as help with any pain management that doesn't require medication
The main goal of care after being in a car accident should be about restoring proper nerve function so that you can heal properly without lasting effects from the injury.
Why Choose Dr. Arthur Hoffman of The Glen Chiropractic Center?
If you have had a recent car accident, then it would benefit you to visit our Minnetonka office right away so we can help make sure there are no nerve issues or other injuries that could cause you to be in pain.
Dr. Hoffman recognizes the need for patients to get back into their normal routine as quickly as possible after an auto accident or other injury that causes pain. Dr. Hoffman and his staff will work with you to create a personalized treatment plan that is tailored for your specific needs, schedule, and preferences so that chiropractic care can help get you back on track as quickly as possible.
Chiropractor services for auto accident victims:
- Nerve tension relief and spinal adjustments
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Herniated discs
- Carpal tunnel syndromes
- Auto accident injury rehabilitation
- Degenerative disc disease treatment
How Dr. Arthur Hoffman of The Glen Chiropractic in Minnetonka Minnesota Can Help After Auto Accidents:
- Maintaining your range of motion in your neck/shoulder area so that scar tissue doesn't form.
- Helping your body heal from the injury faster.
- Decreasing the neck pain.
- Improving the quality of your life after an auto accident.
- Helping prevent future injuries by diagnosing and fixing incorrect posture issues, such as forward head posture which pulls on the neck.
Dr. Arthur Hoffman of The Glen Chiro in Minnetonka, Minnesota specializes in chiropractic care, helping people recover from auto accident injuries. With his years of experience as a chiropractor, he has helped many patients who have sustained injuries due to car accidents and other types of trauma heal quickly with no lasting pain or long-term effects on their health.
He offers the highest level of care for your needs! Contact us today at 763-670-1175 or click here to learn more about our services and what we offer https://theglenchiro.com/.